Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to be a part of a well-established organization on a high growth strategy to be the #1 source for the online creation and fulfillment of core products. The successful candidate will have experience in Supply Chain management but with a startup state of mind.
Base salary 100-110K.
What you'll be doing:
The Supply Chain Manager is the primary point of coordination and interface within the supply chain organization. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive supply chain leadership to domestic as well as international with a primary focus on material cost management, strategic sourcing and supplier management.
You will work in the development of strategic plans and supporting objectives, while proactively managing supporting events to assure attainment of agreed upon performance. You will drive the establishment and deployment of standard processes, policies & procedures, taking the necessary steps to assure compliance.
You will lead improvements in primary working capital performance, product, raw material, and freight costs, all while maintaining or increasing quality and delivery. You will lead the effort to achieve and maintain alignment in the value chain between the suppliers, and the end customer in all form, fit, function, price and delivery requirements. You will also manage all logistics related activities including negotiations and customs related issues.
Duties and Responsiblities:
- Establishes procurement strategies.
- Process owner for all supply chain related activities.
- Develops, coordinates and executes relevant and/or assigned strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Establishes and monitors adherence to policies and procedures.
- Establishes annual department goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Establishes individual employee goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Develops, implements and adheres to required reporting methods and applies statistical tools to evaluate and control attainment of the department’s objectives.
- Drives spend and opportunity analyses, prioritizing strategic sourcing opportunities throughout the SC environment where applicable.
- Establishes and implements countermeasures to compensate for negative performance and market trends.
- Champions the strategic sourcing processes; ensures consistent application of processes; drives strategic thinking within the supply chain organization.
- Builds and maintains solid relationships with strategic supply chain partners.
- Leads the SCM team to ensure period-over-period process improvements.
- Drives innovation and a focus on continuous improvement within the supply chain organization.
- Responsible for timely reporting to agreed-on KPIs and presents strategic sourcing plans, activities and successes to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Responsible for Negotiating and maintaining Logistics related contracts.
- Responsible for Logistic spot quotes.
- Responsible for working with Logistic companies and US Customs when issues arise.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risk within the supply chain.
- Working with and renewing Bonds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient computer skills including; MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong Customer focus (Internal/External).
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make presentations before internal and external management groups.
- Experience with problem-solving and root cause analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of international shipping via containers and Air.
- Previous working experience dealing with US and China Customs.
- Familiarity with Nafta and Non-Nafta requirements and HTS Codes.
- Strong connections in Logistics.
- Familiarity with ISO and TS certifications.
- Previous experience with writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and WI (Work Instructions).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a combination of procurement, planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control.
- 5 years of direct management experience in supply chain.
- Experience with Purchasing and Logistics dealing with International vendors and Customers.
- Traditional and HSA medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement program
- Financially incentivized Wellness program
- Vacation and personal time off
- Philanthropic opportunities
- Bonus eligibility
An equal opportunity employer.